Canon in D (DJ F-infinity-X) Canon in D (DJ F-infinity-X)

To be honest, the drums up until 1:14 were not working at all. They were obstructing the Sytrus strings, real or not. Try to think about the purpose of each instrument in the mix. Drums are there to lend rhythm, not be in front, even in a Drum 'n Bass song. Even Drum 'n Bass songs have breakdown sections where the drums are a bit softer than the rest of the instrumentation. I think you can do much better than this. ;)

Kaleidoscope - DJ F-infinity-X Kaleidoscope - DJ F-infinity-X

The bells in this mix seem a little dry. Maybe adding some wide reverb or stereo delay on them might have helped. This mix is also kind of repetitive with basically the same three notes playing over and over again in the square wave arpeggio (with some variation but not much).

When making songs, try thinking of ways to keep people listening. Listen to your own songs objectively and think about when a person might find a song would get boring. Then figure out how to keep their attention. ;)

Lock On! - YASAKA Lock On! - YASAKA

The lead isn't as expressive as it could have been, as it was just a triangle wave with no vibrato, whether with a quick or slow attack curve, but everything else was pretty good. The snare is prominent.
Around 0:59, though, the kick seems to get lost in the reverb. The low passing hit at 1:20 was also a bit much in the highs for me, but that's alright.

You did a pretty good job with this overall though, keep it up. :)

My Goodbye Dubstep Cover My Goodbye Dubstep Cover

I usually don't like Dubstep. The non-Dubstep parts were fantastic. However, the dubstep sections actually weren't half bad. They're a bit intense, but I guess it depends on the person. I prefer Dubstep like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7eaUf AEFGg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVroBe vvhmM

Nevertheless, this was quite nice.

No Substitute No Substitute

That's hilarious. Nice inclusions. :P

Fairy's Fountain Loop Fairy's Fountain Loop

Okay, time to be honest and not to fall for the soothing melodies.

The lead synth could be changed up to a softer one somewhere in the middle, but that's just preference. Also, it is just barely too loud as a lead. If its mix level were to be dropped by a marginal amount, it would allow the background choir aahs and bells to become less subdued.

Otherwise, quite nice, actually.

VGSongbird responds:

I was trying to keep them subdued, but I do see your point.
Thanks for listening. :)

Super Slumber Party Super Slumber Party

Um, wtf? This is just odd. I'm not being mean, but this is really odd and strange. Take it as a neutral confused comment.

Good Life - SG Good Life - SG

Hm, I like the drums. Sometimes they're a bit subdued, but nevertheless, the tone is nice. You have some good fills, and the transitions work well. It's not as repetitive as any old generic trance song, so yay. :D

Maybe the poly saw is a bit resonant, but it's borderline okay/ugh, so it's, let's say, decent. I think it's occupying the 19000-20000 Hz frequencies a tad, but that's probably the only thing. I still like it.

The dynamic and evolving panned saws for breakdowns are nice too.

SKILLZmakeKILLZ responds:

thanks for the analysis!

Buddhabhivadana Beats Buddhabhivadana Beats

The low end pad that drones on throughout the entire song gets tiring. Try replacing it with something new and more interesting. Add some variation to the chants. New notes?

I see that the main foray of yours is into glitch effects. Try bringing that out more, then. This is coming along.

bananasrus09 responds:

Really appreciate the review, I definitely see what you're talking about with both those points. And thanks!

Norato - Bright as Light Norato - Bright as Light

It's decent, but there's very little dynamics variation. The buildup was a tad cheesy, and it's very lacking in bass. Now, I'm not one of those people who say "MORE BASS AGHHHH!!!!" because I'm bass crazy or anything. I'm being very honest.

This has some good ideas, but it could have some more embellishing and more time could be spent in the productions aspect of the development. May I suggest using better samples or plugins?

Perhaps it might help to add some creative lead writing? This doesn't seem to have any melody at all, and it just sounds like generic dance music. That's my 80 cents.

Norato responds:

:DDD Very lacking in bass ? :D dude, there are 3 kinds of bass in this song :DDD so get a subwoofer. Check out my profile and you will se the project file. There is clasic short bass after kick, Long REESE bass and Sub bass, so NO, its not lacking in bass.

I dont know what you mean by the last sentence at all, it have a lot of melodies in it. There will be one more melody added to prevent repeativnes but there are melodies allready :D dont know wich song you listen to but this song have a lot of melodies and I spend some time on them, so wtf

Anyway thanks for review and I will resend it to your mail.